Located ca. 1km from the settlement of Cille Pheadair, this is a likely location for the original church dedicated to St Peter. According to the [simple_tooltip content='RCAHMS. 1928. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Ninth report with inventory of monuments and constructions in the Outer Hebrides, Skye and the Small Isles (Edinburgh), 120.']1928 RCAHMS survey[/simple_tooltip] ‘no trace of this burial ground is now visible’.
See Cille Pheadair for the full discussion of this place-name.
- Grid reference: NF735205
[simple_tooltip content='Scottish Gaelic']G[/simple_tooltip] cladh ‘burial ground, cemetery, graveyard’ + [simple_tooltip content='personal name']pn[/simple_tooltip] Peadar (apostle)
('St Peter’s Graveyard')
[simple_tooltip content='Six-inch 1st edition Ordnance Survey Maps of Scotland, 1843-1882 <https://maps.nls.uk/os/6inch/index.html>.']OS 6-inch[/simple_tooltip] Cladh Pheadair (Burial Ground)