[simple_tooltip content='Beveridge, E. 1911. North Uist: its archaeology and topography; with notes upon the early history of the Outer Hebrides (Edinburgh).']Beveridge (1911, 278)[/simple_tooltip] writes that this is ‘an old well, now disused’. The well is located ca. 1.5 kilometres south-west of the traditional site of St Columba’s Chapel.
See St Columba’s Chapel for a full discussion of this site.
Canmore ID 10298
- Grid reference: NF872765
[simple_tooltip content='Scottish Gaelic']G[/simple_tooltip] tobar ‘a well’ + [simple_tooltip content='personal name']pn[/simple_tooltip] Columb Cille (mac Feidlimid)
(‘St Columba’s Well’)
[simple_tooltip content='Six-inch 1st edition Ordnance Survey Maps of Scotland, 1843-1882 <https://maps.nls.uk/os/6inch/index.html>.']OS 6-inch[/simple_tooltip] Tobar Chaluim Chille